- 2 lbs. cassava, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Place water in a pot. Add water and cassava. Bring to a boil in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and continue boiling for another 5 minutes.
- Add honey and vanilla. Simmer in low heat till sauce thickens while stirring every few minutes.
- Check to see if cassava is fully cooked. You can add more water and simmer longer if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Great with vanilla ice cream too.