- 2 lbs. kalabasa, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 lb. medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon bagoong (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Saute onions in cooking oil till caramelized. Add kalabasa cubes, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add water, fish sauce and ground pepper. Bring into a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or till kalabasa is almost fully cooked.
- Add bagoong, shrimp and coconut milk. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Add salt to taste if needed.
- Add malunggay leaves and cook for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!