A must try recipe for everyone to enjoy. Great for the holiday or any occasion.
- 2 lbs. chicken leg, cut into serving size
- 1 large potato, cut into 8
- 2 cooking banana (saba, plantain or thai banana) cut into 4
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into big cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Fry banana and potatoes, set aside.
- Brown chicken in cooking oil till golden brown, set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion till caramelized.
- Add chicken, vinegar, water, soy sauce and bay leaves. Simmer in medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice, sugar, ground pepper and salt to taste. Cover and simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add bell pepper, fried potatoes and fried banana. Mix well and simmer in low heat for few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipes you may also like
Chicken legs need to be cooked longer than 15 minutes especially if they're bone-in to prevent salmonella poisoning. Is this recipe for boneless chicken legs?ReplyDelete
Hello, as you see instruction # 2, brown the chicken first before you jump in # 4 and 5. Plus instruction # 5, simmer for 5 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked. My chicken was cut into serving size so it was cooked right. Sorry about the confusion.Delete