Salmon Head Sinigang is one of my favorite fish soup. Easy tasty recipe, simple ingredients and very healthy.
Made from fresh salmon head, kangkong leaves and knorr sampalok sinigang.
- 2 lbs. salmon fish head, cut into serving size
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 2 stem green onion, cut into 3
- 2-3 cups kangkong tops
- 2 teaspoon sinigang mix
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups water
- Bring water into a boil using a deep pot. Once water starts to boil add ginger, onion and tomato. Simmer for 2 minutes. Season with sinigang mix, salt and ground pepper. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Add salmon head pieces, cover pot and simmer until fish is cooked.
- Add kangkong leaves and simmer for few more minutes. Top with slices of green onion and remove pot from heat.
- Serve hot with steam white rice and enjoy.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)