|Chicken Macaroni Soup|
Chicken Macaroni Soup also known as Sopas is one of Filipinos favorite comfort soup. Easy to make and filling. With this recipe I used medium shell macaroni pasta instead of the regular elbow macaroni and no milk. Healthier than Chicken Sopas with Milk. Check out this easy recipe using simple ingredients.
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken meat
- 12 oz. medium shell macaroni
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 knorr chicken cubes
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- hard boiled eggs (optional)
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- 6 cups chicken broth or water or more if needed
- Boil pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Using a deep pot, heat in medium heat and add cooking oil. Add onion and garlic. Saute for few minutes or until it turns caramelized.
- Add ground chicken and stir well. Continue cooking until chicken turns golden brown. Season with ground pepper, bay leaves and some salt. Stir and continue cooking for few minutes.
- Add celery and carrots. Stir and continue cooking for few minutes. Add chicken broth or water. Bring to a quick boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Add knorr chicken cubes to the pot, stir and season with more salt if needed.
- Simmer in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes then add cooked shell macaroni. Stir and taste test if more salt and/or ground pepper is needed. Cook for 5 minutes then remove pot from heat. Add more water or broth if needed.
- Add hard boiled eggs and chopped green onions. Serve hot. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name like to see complete recipe)