Hamonado is a simple Filipino dish made with pork, pineapple, soy sauce and sugar. It is simmered until meat is fully cooked and sauce thickens. Great for special occasion or as any day ulam. Try this easy tasty recipe and enjoy.
You can also make chicken hamonado, see related post below.
- 2 lbs. pork butt or pork belly, cut into an inch thick
- 2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbs. brown sugar (depends how sweet you want it)
- 1 tbs. whole pepper corn
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- Using a deep pan or a wok, heat and add cooking oil. Fry pieces of pork on both side until it turns brown.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Pour the mixture to the pork and bring into a quick boil in medium heat. Once it starts to boil, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat is tender, fully cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name link below to see complete recipe)