Turbo Broiler Chicken or Chicken broiled in a turbo is not a quick cooking method. Turbo broiler is used instead of using the regular oven and it takes at least 2 hours to make a delicious turbo broiled chicken.
I have this recipe that I used for marinating Grilled Pork Chops that is so good that I decided to try it with whole chicken and it was a success. The combination of the chopped lemongrass, sugar and fish sauce is the best.
Turbo Broiler is one of my favorite kitchen tool. I like using it in the backyard or just the countertop. It's not only good for broiling chicken but also for cooking Lechon Kawali, Boneless Bangus or just broiled tilapia instead of frying or using the oven. You can also use turbo broiler when making some dessert and that will be in my list on what to cook next.
Turbo Broiler is pretty affordable. Check below and have it delivered to your door step. This is one of those kitchen tool that you wont regret having. I have one and I think it is maybe 10 yrs old but still works perfectly. Every after use I make sure it get cleaned and wiped dry before storing in its original box for later use.
- 3-4 lbs. whole chicken, cleaned and pat dry
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon grass
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine fish sauce, sugar, ground pepper, lemongrass and cooking oil. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wide bowl, place whole chicken and rub with fish sauce lemongrass mixture. Don't forget to also rub the cavity. Marinate overnight or at least for 2-3 hours.
- Place marinated chicken in the turbo broiler. Baste chicken with the left over marinade mixture. Set timer for 45 minutes and broil chicken breast down or until golden brown.
- Turn chicken breast side up and baste with left over marinade mixture. Set timer again for one hour and broil chicken or until golden brown.
Serve with Mang Tomas Lechon Sauce or Jufran Banana Ketchup.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)