Paksiw na Lechon
Paksiw na Lechon or Lechon Paksiw is a Filipino dish made from leftover Lechon (roasted pig). It is cooked by simmering or stewing the leftover lechon pork with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onion, sugar and lechon sauce. You can use left over Lechon Kawali or Crispy Pata or Oven Lechon when making this flavorful lechon paksiw dish.
With this Paksiw na Lechon dish I used left over lechon pork belly roll given to me by an Instagram friend who specialized in lechon belly roll. He once had a Filipino restaurant in Plano, Texas so no wonder it was so delicious, juicy and melts in your mouth that nothing can go to waste.
Last Christmas the kids gave me this awesome Mealthy Multipot, a 9 in 1 programmable pressure cooker 6 quarts stainless steel pot so I figure this is the best time to use and share. It is amazing how this Multipot works so expect more new recipes to come using my new kitchen toy.
This Paksiw na Lechon is so delicious and worth a try. If you don't have a Multipot to use, check related recipe links below on how to make Lechon Paksiw the old fashion way.
If you are planning on purchasing a Multipot or other Programmable Pot brand names, click here --> Programmable Pots to see other option. It can make meals in minutes and it has everything you need in one beautiful and convenience appliance: pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, saute pan, stewing and more.
- 1 lb Lechon Pork Belly, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mang Tomas all purpose sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Arrange lechon meat in the pot.
- Top lechon meat with onions, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, water and sugar in a bowl. Stir well to combine. Taste test to see if more salt, pepper or sugar is needed.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the meat and cover pot.
- Turn on Mealthy Multipot and press on Meat Stew button. That will cook the lechon paksiw for 30 minutes. The pot will automatic turn off once your dish is ready. Allow the steam to come out before opening the pot.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture(s) to see complete recipe(s)
Post a Comment