Hope you give this simple and easy Champorado recipe a try. It is a rich, sweet and a chocolate goodness in a bowl breakfast meal. Great for breakfast or even snack on cold winter or rainy days. Serve in a bowl with swirls of evaporated milk on top. Some like using condensed milk if they want it sweeter instead of evaporated milk and that is okey. Serve it hot and enjoy with fresh fried tuyo!
Don't forget to check related Filipino snack recipes below by clicking on name link below the picture to see complete recipe(s).
- 1 cup glutinous rice (malagkit rice)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder or 3 tableya
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- evaporated milk
- fried tuyo
- Pour 3 cups of water in a pot and bring into a quick boil.
- Rinse glutinous rice in water and drain.
- Add glutinous rice to the boiling water and let it cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir every few minutes to avoid the rice from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave and dissolve cocoa powder or tableya until all lumps are gone.
- Pour cocoa mixture to the pot of rice. Stir continuously until well combined. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add sugar to the rice pot. Continue cooking while constantly stirring until rice is fully cooked for about 15 to 20 minutes or until texture becomes thick. Add more hot water if needed.
- Remove pot from heat and serve Champorado in a bowl. Top or serve evaporated milk on the side.
- Serve hot with fried tuyo and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe(s).
|Simple Ginataang Bilo Bilo|
|Ginataang Ube Bilo Bilo|