Paksiw na Tilapia is a simple and common fish dish to Filipinos. Make and share this delicious Paksiw na Tilapia dish. It takes around 15 to 20 minutes cooking time to make this simple dish. You can also add coconut milk to this paksiw na tilapia recipe for added flavor.
This recipe is worth a try and share. Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link to see complete recipe(s).
- 2 large (around 1 1/2 lbs) tilapia, cleaned and pat dry
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Using a wide pan, arrange ginger and top with tilapia.
- Add garlic, ground pepper, water and vinegar. Simmer in medium heat for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Season with salt to taste and add slices of onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and fish is fully cooked.
- Add cooking oil and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish, garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click name link below the picture to see complete recipe(s)
|Paksiw na Tilapia sa Gata|
|Stuffed and Broiled Tilapia|