Broiled Stuffed Tilapia
Oven Broiled Stuffed Tilapia is a healthy way of cooking tilapia or other fish. It is good and easy to prepare. I was going to grill it but the weather did not permit.
Tilapia can be easily broiled or grilled on a sheet of aluminum foil or wrapped in banana leaves. Season simply with salt, ground pepper, fish sauce and mixture of chopped tomato, onions and cilantro.
See step by step instructions below.
- 2 large Tilapia, (maybe around a pound each) cleaned, rinse and pat dry
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- In a small bowl, combine chopped tomato, cilantro, onions, ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Grease broiling pan with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt inside and outside of the tilapia.
- Fill the inside of the tilapia with the tomato-onion mixture.
- Broil a few inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish is fully cooked.
- Brush the fish with the remaining olive oil.
- Broil until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with spiced vinegar. Enjoy.
OTHER FISH RECIPE
(click name link to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment