Kung Pao Chicken is a spicy Chinese stir-fried dish made with chicken, vegetables, chili peppers and peanuts. Kung Pao Chicken is highly addictive with perfect combination of sweet, salty and spicy. This Chinese chicken dish is a dry stir-fry and not a lot of sauce added.
Kung Pao Chicken with zucchini, bell peppers and crunchy peanuts is mouth watering and has an amazing flavor. This Kung Pao Chicken recipe is moderately spicy so add more chili peppers flakes to your liking. It is quick and an easy meal for weeknights dinner and is faster to make than waiting for take out.
This Kung Pao Chicken recipe is made with homemade sauce and vegetables and crunchy nuts. This delicious Kung Pao Chicken recipe is quick and easy to make so skip the take out. Quick version that only requires less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Check related recipes by clicking on name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light soy sauce)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper (depends how spicy you want)
- 10-12 dried chili peppers
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- canola oil
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 2 tablespoon oil and stir. Add chicken and mix to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- In a pan over high heat, add 3 tablespoon cooking oil. Add marinated chicken to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic, onion and ginger. Saute for a minute. Add dried chili peppers, cracked peppercorns and chili peppers. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add roasted peanuts and zucchini. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add green onions and return chicken to the pan. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil and the sauce mixture (#2). Keep stirring until sauce thickens for about 2-3 minutes. Serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment