|Stir Fry Beef with Mushroom and Bell Pepper|
This beef stir fry is Chinese restaurant inspired and worth a try. It is easy to make and delicious. The homemade marinade used can also be used when making beef and broccoli or with other stir fried vegetables. You can also substitute the beef with chicken or pork or tofu.
When making stir fry beef make sure to slice beef into thin strips. You can do that by putting the beef in the freezer for a least an hour before slicing.
Give it a try and let me know. You will be surprised how easy it is to make Asian Beef Stir Fry. Leave me a comment or a suggestion, I would love to hear from you.
Don't forget to check out related post below. Clink on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chuck roast beef, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- cooking oil
|Beef Stir Fry Ingredients|
- In a wide bowl combine beef strips and baking soda. (Baking soda is the secret to tender the beef even using the tough cuts of meat) Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to a day. Once ready to cook, rinse the beef in water twice and pat dry using a paper towel.
- In a wide bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the slices of beef into the soy sauce mixture bowl. Stir to coat beef well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Stir in ginger and garlic. Stir and cook for about a minute in medium high heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add 3 tbsp cooking oil in medium high heat. Add more cooking oil if needed.
- Stir and toss the beef with the marinade to the wok for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup water and toss. Stir until the sauce forms a glaze on the beef and the beef is no longer pink. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Return the cooked mushrooms and bell peppers to the wok. Stir and toss for about 5 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat, transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy.
(click on name link below the picture(s) to see complete recipe)