Puto Flan or Leche Puto is very easy to make so try this delicious Puto Flan recipe today. A delicious snack for the family. Imagine, two of the most loved Filipino snack in one! Get this easy recipe and give it a try. Pin it and share with family and friends. Great for potlucks or any occasion. This Filipino sweet snack is a must in every party.
Servings: 12 pieces
Flan (Egg Custard)
- 3 egg yolks
- 7 ounces condensed milk
- 1 tsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Brush puto molds lightly with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour flan into the molds, about 1/3 full.
- Place molds in the steamer over low heat for about 7-8 minutes. (Make sure water in the steamer is already boiling before placing the molds)
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool.
Puto (Rice Cake)
- 1 cup rice or cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt). Whisk to combine.
- Add water, evaporated milk and egg whites. Whisk until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour puto mixture on top of the steamed flan, about 3/4 full.
- Place the molds into the steamer and steam puto mixture on low heat for about 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool down a bit before gently removing the puto flan from the molds.
- Serve with hot tea or your favorite drink. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture for complete recipe)