Pininyahang Manok (Pineapple Chicken)
Pininyahang Manok or Pineapple Chicken is a delicious Filipino recipe consisting of chicken marinated in pineapple juice and cooked in coconut milk with carrots, potatoes, bell peppers and chunks of pineapple. This sweet and tangy Filipino chicken dish is flavorful and so appetizing.
Pininyahang Manok is simply chicken stewed in pineapple juice and coconut milk. So easy to make and kids friendly. This recipe uses coconut milk instead of evaporated or fresh milk. I would say, this recipe is a cross of Chicken Pastel and Ginataang Manok.
Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. It is a perfect chicken dish for busy weekday or even family gatherings. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving size
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 4 baby potatoes (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 - 8 ounce pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, marinate chicken slices in pineapple juice for an hour. Refrigerate.
- In a deep pan or a wok, heat over medium-high and add cooking oil.
- Add garlic, onion and tomato. Saute until aromatic and tender.
- Remove chicken from pineapple juice and drain. Save remaining marinade.
- Add chicken slices to the pan and stir. Season with ground pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken turns light brown stirring occasionally.
- Add knorr chicken cube and season with fish sauce. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in water and pineapple juice from the marinade and bring into a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasional y.
- Pour in coconut milk and stir. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is tender.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add bell peppers and stir. Taste to see if salt is needed.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed white rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Adobong Manok sa Gata|
|Chicken Bicol Express|
Post a Comment