Yang Chow Fried Rice
Yang Chow Fried Rice is a popular Chinese-style fried rice throughout the world. No need to order take out when you can make a better and delicious Yang Chow Fried Rice Filipino-style at home. Yang Chow Fried Rice is so easy to make and can be cooked in less than 20 minutes using few vegetables, leftover meat and day old cold rice. There are tons of varieties to fried rice like a simple Shrimp Fried Rice or Crab Fried Rice but this Yang Chow Fried Rice is my favorite.
|Lola Anna's Chorizo de Cebu|
Learn how to make this Yang chow Fried Rice or Chinese Fried Rice by following the simple direction below. Make it and share with family and friends. Great dish for busy weekend or even for parties and any gatherings. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use.
- 6 cups leftover cold rice
- 3 large egg, beaten
- 3-4 cooked chorizo de Cebu longanisa (or Chinese Ham / Char Siu), diced small
- 1 lb shelled shrimp, deveined
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- In a wok, heat over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Cook shrimp for few minutes or until pink. Remove and transfer in a plate.
- Using the same wok, add remaining cooking oil. Add garlic and onion and stir fry for a minute or until aromatic.
- Add carrots and green peas. Stir and cook for few minutes until carrots is soft.
- Add diced cooked chorizo/longanisa and stir well. Cook for a minute.
- Add rice to the wok and stir well to combine. Cook for few minutes while stirring continuously. Season with soy sauce and stir. Taste to see if salt is needed.
- Dig a small hole in the center of the fried rice and pour in eggs. Allow eggs to cook for few minutes before stirring. Stir well to combine.
- Add sesame oil, fried shrimp and chopped green onions. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot as a main dish or with other dishes. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Crab Fried Rice|
|Shrimp Fried Rice|
|Chinese Sausage Fried Rice|
Post a Comment