Salt and Pepper Pork Chops is so easy to make using basic ingredients. These are so delicious and a no-brainier for a quick and easy dinner. The thin bone-in pork chops are simply seasoned with salt and pepper, fried and served with garlic, red chili and green onions. Bone-in salt and pepper pork chops is a Chinese delicacy that most Filipino loves to eat.
The ingredient list for this recipe is so simple. Skip the take out and make them tonight! This simple dish will become an instant hit with your family and friends. The trick to a delicious Salt and Pepper Pork Chops is roasting the whole peppercorns over low heat for at least 10-15 minutes, grind down to a powder and combine with roasted salt before adding to the pork chops.
Salt and Pepper Pork Chops is an easy recipe and a must try for everyone to enjoy. Give this simple recipe a try and share with family and friends. This Salt and Pepper Pork Chops is also kids friendly. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. A great recipe for busy weeknights. Check related recipes below and click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 lb thin cut bone-in pork chop
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, add whole peppercorns and roast for about 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool and grind down to a powder. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, roast salt until it turns yellow in color. Allow to cool and combine it with the ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Season both side of the pork chops with enough salt and pepper mixture and dredge them in cornstarch.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat and add cooking oil. Fry pork chops by batch for about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Do not over crowd the wok. Pork chops should be golden brown and crisp. Remove fried pork chops and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Remove excess oil and only 2 tablespoon left in the wok. Heat oil on high. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add red pepper and cook for another minute. Stir together.
- Add fried pork chops to the wok and gently toss everything for about 2 minutes. Sprinkling more of your salt and pepper mixture if needed.
- Turn of the heat and add green onions. Stir gently and transfer in a serving plate. Serve hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|