Ginisang Ampalaya with Shrimp
Ampalaya also known as Bitter Melon is one of my favorite vegetable. Ampalaya is not only delicious but also nutritious and easy to cook. One of my favorite Filipino dish to cook is this Ginisang Ampalaya with Shrimp.
I have few ampalaya recipes in this blog but this one is my favorite! I usually add pork to this dish but have been cutting down on pork lately and I don't see the difference in taste. Best when served with steamed white or brown rice.
Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes in now in YouTube! Please Visit and Subscribe!
The video above will show you how to easily cook a delicious Ginisang Ampalaya with Shrimp. For questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave me a comment below or on Casa Baluarte Facebook!
Give this delicious Ginisang Ampalaya with Shrimp recipe a try. Make this and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later.
Check related Ampalaya Recipes below. Click on the name link below to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 1 knorr chicken bouillon
- 1 medium tomato - diced
- 1/2 lb shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 large ampalaya - seeded and sliced
- 3 eggs - beaten
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add garlic, onion, knorr chicken bouillon and tomato. Saute for few minutes until limp and aromatic.
- Add shrimp and stir gently. Allow to cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste to see if salt is needed. Add accordingly.
- Add ampalaya. Allow to cook for few minutes before stirring. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in beaten egg. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Monggo with Ampalaya|
|Pinangat na Bangus with Ampalaya at Talong|
|Ampalaya with Chicken and Bell Pepper|
|Ampalaya with Chicken and Oyster Sauce|
Post a Comment