Chicken Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce
Chicken Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce is so delicious and a healthy simple dish. It is easy to make and only few ingredients needed that you already might have in your pantry. You can use beef or pork instead of chicken and for sure it will taste as good. I used boneless chicken thighs but use chicken breast if you want it healthier.
Ampalaya is my most favorite vegetable. Every trip to the Asian grocery store, I make sure I buy few pounds of ampalaya and I never run out of idea what to make out of it. What I like about this Chicken Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce dish is the bitterness of the ampalaya combined in oyster sauce. I also added a small amount of sugar to balance the saltiness and the bitterness of this dish.
If you like ampalaya, this Chicken Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce recipe is a must try. Make and share this dish with family. Save this recipe or Pin It for later. Don't forget to check related ampalaya recipes below. Click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 large ampalaya (bitter gourd), cored and cut into bite size
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add oil.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic for about a minute.
- Add chicken and stir. Cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken turns brown.
- Season chicken with sugar, ground pepper and oyster sauce. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken bouillon and pour-in water. Stir and cover pan. Allow chicken to cook for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Add ampalaya slices to the pan. Allow to cook for few minutes before stirring. Cook for 5 minutes until ampalaya is almost cooked.
- Taste to see if salt is needed. Add accordingly.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ginisang Ampalaya with Shrimp and Egg|
|Ampalaya with Tausi|
|Monggo with Ampalaya|
Post a Comment