Pepper Beef Steak is a classic Chinese-American dish where beef is stir-fried with onions, bell peppers and black pepper sauce. This dish is fast, easy to make and a perfect dish any night of the week. The beef strips is so tender and succulent with freshly ground black pepper flavoured sauce.
Pepper Steak is so easy to make and can be made at home using basic ingredients. This beef stir-fry gets it color and crunch from bell peppers and best when served over steam rice. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time.
Learn how to make this easy Asian-style Pepper Beef at home that takes less than 30 minutes. The key when stir frying any meal is to have all your ingredients chopped and prepped before you start to cook. Another must try to make at home and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later.
Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb beef flank or skirt steak, cut into strips
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine marinade ingredients in a wide bowl. Add the beef strips to the marinade and stir gently. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Combine/Stir the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat over high and add 3 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Stir-fry the marinated beef until it turns brown for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the browned beef in a plate.
- Add remaining cooking oil to the wok. Add onions and bell peppers. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Return browned beef to he wok and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until beef is fully cooked.
- Pour in the sauce mixture to the wok and stir until sauce becomes thick and beef and vegetables are covered.
- Sprinkle more ground black pepper if needed and transfer in a serving dish. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Beef and Broccoli|
|Stir Fry Eggplant with Chicken|
|Tofu and Green Beans with Ground Pork|