My family loves tofu and green bean so we stock up on our last Asian grocery shopping. Vegetables normally does not last that long even refrigerated so you have to be creative and think of a dish that the whole family would love. Last week I made steamed okra with oyster sauce and it was hit. It was the oyster sauce that made it more delicious so I decided why not use the same sauce with tofu and green bean and add ground pork.
This Tofu and Green Bean with Ground Pork dish looks complicated but really isn't. It is easy to make, which takes less than 20 minutes cooking time. Took me longer prepping and slicing the beans but this Tofu and Green Bean with Ground Pork dish is so delicious. A great recipe for a busy weekdays and a great party food too. You can also use ground chicken if you want to go healthier.
Give this simple Tofu and Green beans with Ground Pork recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. This dish is also kids friendly so save this recipe or Pin It!
- 1 pack (12.3 oz) firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 lb green bean, cut into 1 inch
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Combine water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a bowl. Stir and set sauce aside.
- In a wok or a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon oil.
- Add tofu and fry for 2 minute until golden light brown.
- Add green bean and stir. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers and stir to combine for a minute.
- Remove stir fried vegetables and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add 1 more tablespoon oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion. Saute for a minute until light brown and aromatic.
- Add ground pork and stir. Cook for 10 minutes stirring every few minutes until ground pork is fully cooked, brown and crisp.
- Return stir fried vegetables to the wok and stir to combine. Cook for a minute while stirring frequently.
- Pour in sauce mixture to the wok. Adjust heat to medium-high and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes while frequently stirring until sauce starts to thicken.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Steamed Okra with Oyster Sauce|
|Chicken and Snow Peas|
|Almond Shrimp Stir Fry|
|Tofu and Chicken Stir Fry|