Kare-Kare can also be made with seafood or chicken and today I am sharing with you this delicious and easy to make from scratch Chicken Kare Kare or Kare Kareng Manok. Made easy and tasty by yours truly!
Chicken Kare-Kare is another variety of the popular Filipino Kare-Kare but less cooking time and healthier! The chicken turned moist and so delicious! I guarantee you the whole family would love this simple recipe. The best Chicken Kare-Kare recipe and for sure you will love it!
Chicken Kare-Kare is always paired with sauteed bagoong and hot steamed rice. Make it now and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later! Check related recipes below! Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp annato (achuete) powder
- 2 lbs chicken thighs and legs with bones, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp toasted rice flour
- 1 bunch sitaw, cut into 3-inch length
- 1 large eggplant, cut into bite size (fried)
- 1 bunch pechay (bokchoy)
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add achuete powder and stir. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Season chicken with salt and ground pepper. Fry for about 5 minute on each side.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until aromatic for a minute and combine with chicken.
- Pour-in chicken broth and cover pan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peanut butter diluted in water and stir gently to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add more peanut butter if needed.
- Add toasted rice and stir gently until well combined.
- Add long beans and eggplant. Cover pan and simmer until vegetables are almost fully cooked. Add pechay and cover. Simmer for few minutes.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with ginisang bagoong and lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Kare-Kare with Oxtail and Tripe|