Pork Binagoongan is a delicious Filipino pork dish cooked in bagoong or fermented shrimp paste and basic ingredients. It is an all-time Filipino favorite dishes so loaded with flavors.
Pork Binagoongan is easy to make and best when served with fried eggplant or fish with lots of steamed rice.
The pork is sautéed and simmered until pork is tender and sauce thickens. It has the combination of the saltiness, sourness and sweetness of the sautéed bagoong alamang and pork. This very flavorful dish will make you crave for more and with more rice.
Pork Binagoongan can be spicy or sweet depending on how it is prepared. I usually use pre-sautéed bagoong in jars.
Check the FULL VIDEO below on how easy to make a delicious Pork Binagoongan.
Please SUBSCRIBE to CASA BALUARTE YOUTUBE for more easy to follow cooking videos.
Binagoongan refers to Filipino dishes that heavily used bagoong or salted shrimp paste for flavor mostly using pork as the main ingredient.
There are many ways on how to make Binagoongan dishes like cooked in coconut milk also known as Pork Binagoongan sa Gata and Binagoongan Rice.
This Pork Binagoongan recipe is so delicious and worth a try. Make it now and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 thumb size ginger, grated or minced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large tomato, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp sautéed bagoong alamang
- 2 lbs. pork belly or shoulder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 dried red chili peppers
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 cups water (add more if needed)
- In a wok, heat and add cooking oil. Sauté ginger and garlic. Stir and cook until aromatic. Add onion and tomato, stir and cook until soft.
- Add shrimp paste (bagoong alamang) and stir. Cook for a minute.
- Add pork to the wok. Cook until pork turns light brown for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add ground pepper, sugar, bay leaves and dried red chili peppers. Stir nd cook for a minute.
- Pour-in vinegar and water. Stir and let it boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for about 40-50 minutes until pork is tender stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Continue to cook until pork is fully cooked and sauce starts to thickens.
- Turn off the heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve with lots of steamed rice and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Binagoongan na Talong|
|Binagoongan Fried Rice|
|Crispy Pork Binagoongan|
|Pork Binagoongan sa Gata|
How much sautéed bagoong alamang? Is it cups or tbsp? Thanks.ReplyDelete
hello, tablespoon it is. thanksDelete