Chicken Sotanghon Soup
Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a Filipino chicken soup made with bean thread (sotanghon) noodles, chicken and vegetables.
Chicken Sotanghon is a great variation of noodle soup and a well-loved Filipino soup specially when you are feeling under the weather.
There are many versions on how to cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup and I would say this recipe is pretty simple and easy to follow.
The steps below should guide you on how to make this delicious Chicken Sotanghon Soup. Watch the video below to visually guide you in every step of the way.
Sotanghon is also known as bean thread or cellophane noodles or Chinese vermicelli. Sotanghon noodles are used in making soup or stir fry noodles.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a great soup dish for cool and rainy weather, and considered to be a Filipino comfort food. It is an easy and not a complicated soup dish to make using basic vegetables. Fell free to add more vegetables you like.
Make this simple recipe today and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, julienne
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth (canned)
- 1/2 tsp annato (achuete)powder
- 3 oz sotanghon noodles
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- hard boiled eggs
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a pot, boil chicken in water and bay leaf until cooked. Remove chicken from the broth and allow to cool before shredding. Save remaining chicken broth.
- In a big pot, heat and add canola oil. Cook garlic until light brown. Remove fried garlic and set aside. Add onion and celery to the pot and saute until limp. Add shredded chicken and stir. Cook for a minute. Add carrots and season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir to combine.
- Pour-in remaining chicken broth from boiling the chicken and more chicken broth from a can. Bring into a quick boil and add annato powder diluted in half a cup of hot broth. Stir well to combine. Add hard boiled eggs (optional) and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add sotanghon to the broth. Stir and cook for few minutes. Add chopped cabbage, stir and simmer for few minutes. Season with salt to taste and add more ground pepper if needed. Top with hard boiled egg, and sprinkle with fried garlic and chopped green onions. Serve hot and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Misua and Meatballs|
|Seafood Molo Soup|
|Chicken Noodle Soup|