Chicken Sopas is a perfect Filipino comfort food. Chicken Sopas also known as Macaroni Soup is made with elbow macaroni, chicken meat, evaporated milk and variety of vegetables. This Chicken Sopas recipe is the Filipino version of chicken noodle soup. This creamy chicken sopas recipe is so perfect for rainy days and a great snack recipe or a meal itself!
This is one of my favorite to-go recipes because it is so simple and easy to make, and so kids friendly! This can also be made using store bought roasted chicken and a great recipe for left over chicken. Feeling fancy? Add hot-dogs. Use the broth from boiling the chicken and add store bought chicken broth or stock if needed.
Learn how to cook this easy Chicken Sopas recipe by watching the cooking video below. Check out other related recipes, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipes.
There are many variation of cooking Filipino-style noodle soup or Sopas and I would say this recipe is the simpler yet very delicious! You can use ground meat instead of chicken and add more vegetables like corn, potatoes, and more.
Give this easy recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow cooking videos and recipes.
- water for boiling
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium onion
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 4 celery stick, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 3 cups chicken (store bought) broth or stock or water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups chopped cabbage
- chopped green onions for garnishing
INSTRUCTIONS (watch video above for visual instructions)
- Bring enough water into a boil. Boil eggs and elbow macaroni until macaroni is almost cooked and eggs are fully cooked. Remove, drain and set aside elbow macaroni. Peel hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- In a clean pot, add 5 cups of water, chicken, bay leaf, onion and 1 tsp salt. Bring into a boil and reduce heat to simmer until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken and save remaining broth. Allow chicken to cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat and add canola oil. Saute onion and garlic until limp. Add carrots and celery. Saute for few minutes and add chicken cube. Stir and add shredded chicken. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add sauteed vegetables and chicken to the remaining broth from boiling the chicken. Pour-in store bought chicken broth or water. Bring into a quick boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add boiled elbow macaroni and simmer for few minutes. Pour-in evaporated milk and simmer for few minutes. Season with salt and ground white pepper to taste.
- Add chopped cabbage and stir. Simmer until cabbage is fully cooked. Transfer in a serving bowl and top with chopped green onions and hard boil eggs. Serve hot and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Misua and Meatballs
|Chicken Sotanghon Soup