Beef Tapa is a popular Filipino breakfast usually served with garlic rice and egg also known as TapSiLog. Beef Tapa is easy to make using basic ingredients and can also be made using pork or chicken. It is best when thin slices of beef is slightly pounded and marinated for at least 3 hours or overnight before cooking.
With this easy recipe, I used soy sauce, calamansi juice, sugar, ground pepper and garlic for marinade. A little sweeter and garlicky version of beef tapa just how my kids like it. No calamansi? No problem, use lemon juice or vinegar. Also add red chili flakes if you want your tapa spicy. Once beef is well marinated, fry over medium-high heat until light brown or browned on the edges.
Make this simple Beef Tapa and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Make a batch and freeze it for later use. Feel free to adjust the sweetness if you prefer a sweeter tapa.
Watch the short video below to visually guide you on how to make a simple yet delicious Beef Tapa at home. The instructions below are pretty simple and also easy to follow. Send me an email @ email@example.com or message me on my Facebook page if you have further question.
Sun dried Beef Tapa is the original process but who have time and can wait nowadays? For sure not me and my family! You can also dry the marinated beef in the oven or use food dehydrator if you prefer it that way. Something I have to try one of this days.
Please FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow videos and recipes. Don't forget to check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipe.
- 1/4 cup calamansi (or lemon or vinegar) juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb beef sirloin or preferred beef, sliced thinly and slightly pounded
- salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- To MARINATE: In a wide bowl or container, combine calamansi juice, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and garlic. Whisk well to combine and dilute the sugar. Taste test to see desired sweet, salty and sour flavor and add accordingly. Reduce garlic to 6 pieces if you want it less garlicky. Add beef slices to the marinade and mix well to coat each pieces of beef. Cover bowl or container and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours before cooking.
- To FRY: In a wide skillet or a frying pan, add cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add the marinated beef in single layer and cook until beef turns light brown or browned on the edges (however you want it done). If you have remaining marinade, now is time time to add to the pan. Add water if needed (if you are using a tougher kind of beef). Continue to cook while moving the beef pieces around to avoid from burning (watch video) and to caramelized the beef.
- To SERVE: Transfer fried Beef Tapa in a serving plate and serve with garlic fried rice and eggs. Best with sliced tomatoes and also with papaya achara. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)