Fish Sarciado or Sarciadong Isda is a quick and simple Filipino dish where pan-fried fish is simmered in thick tomato and egg sauce before serving. A quick and delicious protein-packed meal where you can pretty much use any kind of fish as long as it is fried. In Ilonggo, this dish is called Cardillo nga Isda.
This Fish Sarciado or Sarciadong Isda recipe is a must try. Easy to make and budget friendly. This simple recipe works well with day old fried or left over fish. Learn how to make this simple Fish Sarciado by watching the cooking video below.
The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- cooking oil
- 1 lb fish, cleaned, pat dry and sprinkled with a little salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt as needed
- 3 large egg, beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- In a wide pan, heat enough cooking oil for frying. Fry fish until golden brown and set aside.
- Using a clean pan, heat and add 3 tablespoon cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook until soft for about few minutes. Season with fish sauce and ground pepper. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Add salt as needed.
- Add fried fish to the pan and simmer for few minutes while turning fish once. Pour-in beaten eggs and simmer over low heat until egg is cooked. Top with chopped green onions and stir gently. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)