Igado is a popular Filipino dish from Ilocos region. Igado is made from strips of pork and pork liver, and other internal organs. This Igado recipe uses pork tenderloin and pork liver with carrots, bell peppers and green peas.
Learn how to cook this simple Igado recipe. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you step by step on how to make this delicious Igado recipe.
Make this today and share with family and friends. Remember to adjust the salt or sugar to your liking. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb pork liver, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic for about a minute. Add pork tenderloin and cook until lightly browned. Pour-in soy sauce and vinegar. Allow to boil first before stirring.
- Add bay leaves, oyster sauce, sugar and water. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add pork liver and cook for about 3 minutes. Add carrots and cook for few minutes. Add bell peppers and green peas. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are fully cooked.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment