Pork Guisantes is similar to Filipino Menudo in taste but ingredients are simplified so it can be served in a regular basis making it one of the best simple Filipino dish.
Watch the video below to visually guide you on how to make this easy Pork Guisantes or Pork and Peas recipe. The simple steps below should guide you every step of the way.
Pork Guisantes is a simple yet delicious tomato-based pork dish cooked in tomato sauce together with green peas and bell peppers. An easy dish to make and a great Filipino comfort food!
Give this recipe a try. Make this and share with family and friends! Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. This dish is also a great party food or for potluck. Best when served over steamed rice or by itself. You can also make this dish using chicken or beef instead of pork or mixed. Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb pork butt or shoulder, cut into 1/4 inch thick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sugar (optional but adds to flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper and salt to taste
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic for a minute until aromatic. Add pork slices and stir. Cook until pork turns light brown over medium heat. Add ground pepper, soy sauce, sugar and bay leaf. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Pour-in water and cover pan. Simmer until meat is tender for about 15-20 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- When meat is fully tender, pour-in tomato sauce. Stir and cover to simmer for few minutes until sauce starts to thickens. Taste to see if salt is needed and add accordingly.
- Add bell peppers and allow to cook for a minute or two. Add green peas and stir gently. Allow to cook for a minute or until peas are fully cooked. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)