Pork Hamonado is a popular Filipino dish made with pork (belly or tendeloin), pineapple and soy sauce. It has that perfect balance of sweetness and saltiness that makes you crave for more. A mouth-watering dish you will surely love.
Learn how to cook Pork Hamonado with this easy recipe. The steps below should guide you on how to make this melt-in-your-mouth tender pork belly hamonado. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way.
Pork Hamonado is often served during special holidays such as birthdays, Christmas or celebrations. A perfect sweet and savory Filipino dish for any occasion. This is the easier version of the rolled up pork hamonado we are used to (see recipe below).
Easy and simple Pork Belly Hamonado is a great meal for the family. Just few ingredients needed and you can enjoy this delicious dish. Pork belly simmered in low heat in a sweet and salty combination of pineapple juice and soy sauce until pork is fork-tender.
Give this mouth-watering Pork Hamonado recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. This recipe is good for 2-3, double up on your ingredients if needed and you will need to increase the cooking time a bit. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Also, check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb pork belly
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Rinse pork belly in running water and pat dry using a paper towel. Heat pan and add cooking oil. Fry pork belly over medium-low heat until light brown. Remove pork and discard remaining oil.
- Using the same pan, return browned pork belly and add garlic. Saute and cook over medium-low heat for few minutes or until aromatic.
- Pour-in soy sauce, water, vinegar and pineapple juice. Add peppercorn and brown sugar. Bring into a quick boil before stirring and reduce heat to simmer. Add more brown sugar if you want it a little more sweeter. Cover pan and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until pork is tender and sauce slightly thickens. Stir and turn pork occasionally.
- Add chunks of pineapple and stir gently. Cook for additional few minutes. Transfer in a serving plate and serve with steamed vegetables and rice. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork Roll Hamonado|