Minatamis na Saging or Sweetened Banana is a delicious Filipino snack or dessert made with cooking banana or saba in sweet syrup. It is a very sweet dessert often served with vanilla ice cream or with evaporated milk and tapioca pearls (sago) on top of shaved ice.
Learn how to make this easy Minatamis na Saging or Sweetened Banana by watching the easy to follow video below. The instructions should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Minatamis na Saging is so easy to make often served as a dessert or a snack. A Filipino favorite dessert not only budget-friendly but also very simple to make using basic ingredients so make this today and share with family and friends.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 piece calamansi peel or 1 tsp lemon peel
- 3 lbs banana saba (or plantain), peeled and cut into serving pieces
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a wide pan, bring water into a boil. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add calamansi peel and cook for few minutes. Add cooking banana saba, pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Cook for about 30 minutes until banana is tender but firm and syrup is thicker.
- Stir occasionally allowing the banana to cook evenly. Best when served with vanilla ice cream or with evaporated milk and tapioca pearls (sago) over shaved ice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Banana Turon with Mango|
|Ginataang Halo Halo|
|Ginataang Saging at Sago|