Banana Turon with Mango
Banana Turon is a popular Filipino snack that is sweet, crunchy and filling. Banana Turon is also known as Banana Lumpia where a sweet and ripe banana is wrapped in lumpia or spring roll wrapper then fried until golden brown and crispy. Turon is a classic Filipino mid-afternoon snack or merienda in the Philippines.
Banana Turon is usually made with langka or ripe jack fruit rolled with brown sugar and wrapped like an egg-roll or lumpia but today I made something different than the ordinary, Banana Turon with Mango!
It is mango season and when I buy mangoes I buy it by box, actually this time I got greedy so I bought 2 boxes and they all start to ripen at the same time so I decided, why not make some banana lumpia with mango instead of langka or jack fruit and it turned out so delicious! It kind of remind me of peach mango pie from Jollibee but better because of the crunchiness of the lumpia wrapper plus the brown sugar.
This Banana Turon with Mango recipe is so delicious and worth a try. Make it now while mango is still in season and cheaper! All you need is 5 ingredients plus the oil for frying. Make this and share with family and friends. Save this recipe for your upcoming get-together and Pin It!
Check related Filipino snack below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Click here for other turon recipes.
- 24 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 6 banana saba or ripe plantain, cut each into 4 pieces lengthwise
- 3 ripe mango, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten for sealing the wrapper
- cooking oil for frying
- Place a lumpia wrapper on a flat surface. Put a slice of banana on the wrapper.
- Add few stripes of mango, placing them along the length of the banana and add brown sugar.
- Fold from the bottom up, fold the sides in and continue to roll up making sure you are wrapping it tight.
- Moisten the top inch of the wrapper with beaten egg before rolling it completely.
- Heat an inch of oil in a pan over medium-low. Once oil is heated reduce heat to low.
- Add banana turon few at a time in the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan so the turon will cook crisp and brown evenly. Fry for few minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Place them on a wire rack to drain excess oil. Allow to cool for few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)