Pancit Miki is one of the variations of the Filipino Noodles. Pancit Miki uses fresh and thick egg noodles and usually cooked stir fried and also cooked as a soup like Lapaz Batchoy in Iloilo City. This Pancit Miki recipe is also known as Pancit Miki Guisado or Stir Fry Egg Noodles.
Try this Pancit Miki version of Casa Baluarte and share with family and friends. It can also be cooked with a wide variety of ingredients like seafood, beef, chicken, pork or just with vegetables. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below on how to cook Pancit Miki.
Pancit Miki Guisado or Stir Fried Egg Noodles is pretty easy to make. The Miki noodles are usually sold fresh and is thicker than most Filipino noodles. Best to rinse the Miki noodles first in running water to remove the oiliness and saltiness before cooking.
Don't forget to check related Filipino noodles recipe below. Click on the name link below the picture(s) to see complete recipe.
- cooking oil
- 4 pcs Chinese sausage (chorizo bilbao), cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic gloves, chopped
- 3/4 lb pork (belly or shoulder), cut into strips
- 2 pcs Knorr chicken cubes
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp annatto (achuete) powder
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce or to taste
- 3-4 cups of water as needed
- 2 lbs miki (egg) noodles, rinsed and drained well
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups cabbage, cut into strips
- salt as needed
- green onions for garnishing, cut into strips
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil and cook Chinese sausage for a minute or until aromatic. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a wide and deep pan, heat and add 3 tbsp cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Add pork slices and cook until slightly browned for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add knorr chicken cubes and saute quickly. Season with ground pepper and annatto (achuete) powder, and stir. Add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Add more soy sauce as needed. Pour-in water and cover pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes or meat is fully tender.
- Add egg noodles, carrots, bell peppers and cabbage. Stir gently until well combined. Add fried Chinese sausage and do a quick stir. Cover pan and allow to cook over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add more hot water if needed. Garnish with green onions and set hot with rice or pandesal. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)