Pancit Canton is a popular Filipino dish made with wheat flour noodles loaded with stir fried choice of meat, sausage, seafood and variety of vegetables. Pancit Canton is a delicious noodles that is similar to Chinese lo mein noodles.
Pancit Canton is a perfect snack food and a meal itself! Usually, pancit canton is usually prepared for family gatherings, parties and a great potluck food. A great tasting Filipino noodles often served with calamansi or lemon wedges.
Pancit Canton can be made with whatever vegetables that are in season. Chicken or beef can also be used instead of pork or mixed. It is a basic stir fry noodle dish cooked in a wok or a skillet. There are so many variations of Filipino noodles like Bihon, Sotanghon, Palabok, Miki and more. Check this blog for more delicious Filipino noodles recipe.
This Pancit Canton recipe is pretty simple to make using basic vegetables. One of the best Pancit recipe ever, so try making it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
Learn how to make this easy Pancit Canton Guisado recipe by watching the easy to follow cooking video using simple ingredients. Check other related Filipino noodle recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 lb pork belly or shoulder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 5 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 4 celery stick, sliced
- 1/2 lb green beans, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 12-24 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 3-4 cups chicken broth or water (add more if needed)
- 16 oz pancit canton (preferably Excellent brand if available)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a wok or a skillet, heat and add cooking oil. Add pork slices and cook until fully cooked and light brown. (add water to cook the pork if needed). Add onion and garlic. Saute until aromatic for about a minute. Add sausage and knorr chicken cube. Stir and cook for a minute. Add carrots, celery, green beans, bell peppers and quail eggs. Allow to cook for few minutes while stirring constantly. Add chopped cabbage and stir well. Remove sauteed meat and vegetables and set aside.
- Using the same wok, pour-in chicken broth or water. Allow to simmer over low heat and add pancit canton. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add more water or broth if needed. Stir-in stir fried meat and vegetables. Mix well and season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Continue cooking while stirring occasionally until canton noodles are fully cooked.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and stir well to combine. Garnish with chopped green onions if available. Serve as a snack or as a side dish or a meal itself. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)