Steamed Fish is one of my favorite fish dish specially when using fresh fish. It is easy prepare and ready in no time. Healthy, delicious and a great addition to your busy weeknight meals.
Watch how to cook a whole steamed fish cooking video below using simple ingredients. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way.
Make this easy Steamed Fish dish today and share with family and friends or save this recipe for later use. Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb fresh whole fish (I used kikiro), cleaned and pat dry
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced into strips
- 2 small onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp calamansi or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 pieces hot chili pepper (optional), chopped
- 2 finger chili (siling haba), sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- green onion (green part), finely julienned
- Season all side of the fish with salt and ground pepper. Stuff the inside of the fish with half of the ginger, onion and garlic. Massage the fish with soy sauce and calamansi juice. Set aside.
- Bring enough water in a pot (steamer) to a boil.
- Transfer the fish in a heat proof plate and top with remaining sauce. Top with the remaining ginger, onion and garlic. Pour-in water and sprinkle with hot chili peppers and finger chili, and garnish with sesame oil.
- Cover pot and steam fish for about 20 minutes or until fish is fully cooked. Garnish with green onions and serve while hot. Enjoy with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Sinigang na Isda