Chicken Misua with Patola
Give this Chicken Misua with Patola recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Learn how to make this comforting soup by watching the simple video below. The instructions below will guide you with the steps.
This delicious Misua soup is easy to make and considered as Filipinos favorite comfort food specially during rainy days and because it is very affordable. A good soup dish for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner, and can be ready for dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 piece Knorr chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 200-300 grams misua
- 1 large patola, sliced
- green onions, chopped for garnishing
- In a small pot, add 3 cups of water, bay leaf, peppercorns and chicken breast. Bring into a quick boil and reduce heat over medium fire. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken and allow to cool before slicing to thin pieces. Save remaining broth (around 2 cups) for later.
- In a medium pan, heat and add cooking oil. Cook garlic until golden brown over medium-low heat. Remove garlic and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion and ginger for about a minute or until aromatic. Add chicken cube and stir. Add boiled chicken and stir to combine. Cook for a minute. Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in sauteed chicken on the pot with the remaining broth. Add 3 cups of water to the pot and bring into a quick boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add more water or broth as needed.
- Season with salt to taste and add misua to the pot. Allow to cook for few minutes. Add slices of patola and cook for a minute. Remove pot from heat and serve chicken misua with patola soup in a bowl. Top with browned garlic and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Misua and Meatballs|
|Misua with Sardines|
|Misua with Ground Chicken|
|Seafood Misua Soup|