Seafood Pancit Bihon
Give this delicious Seafood Pancit Bihon recipe a try. Make it today and make dinner extra special or save this Seafood Pancit Bihon recipe for later use. Watch the video below to learn how to make this yummy Seafood Pancit Bihon recipe. A special noodle recipe idea for busy weekends! Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions or concern, leave a comment below or send me a message thru my Facebook page or YouTube channel.
Shrimp Broth used in this recipe is from the shrimp head. Instructions: Boil a little over 3 cups of water. Once water starts to boil add the shrimp heads. Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat while stirring occasionally. Let it cool and strain well before using.
How to Prepare the Noodles: Soak the rice stick noodles in water for 5-10 minutes or until they turn slightly soft yet firm. Drain well using a colander and set aside until ready to use. (My favorite pancit bihon noodles is Super Q Golden Bihon which you can easily find in most grocery store even at SM City grocery store. They remain firm to the bite when cooked)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 150 grams fish balls, sliced
- 150 grams scallop meat
- 150 grams clams
- 150 grams shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp annatto powder diluted in 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cups shrimp broth (see note above)
- 8 oz. pancit bihon, rinsed and soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Using a pan or a wok, heat over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoon of canola oil followed by fish balls, scallops, clams and shrimps. Stir to combine and allow to cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove seafood from the wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, cook carrots for a minute while stirring constantly. Add green beans and stir. Allow to cook for a minute. Add celery and stir. Allow to cook for 30 seconds. Add cabbage and stir to combine. Allow to cook for a minute while stirring constantly. Remove vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions and garlic. Stir and cook for a minute while stirring constantly until soft and aromatic. Add annatto (achuete) oil and stir to combine. Pour in shrimp broth and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add pancit bihon noodles and gently toss to combine. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce. Gently toss and stir to combine until noodles are cooked yet firm to bite over low heat while stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Add more water or broth as needed.
- Return stir fried vegetables to the wok. Allow to cook for a minute or two while gently tossing to combine. Season with ground pepper and salt as needed, and toss to combine. Return stir fried seafood to the wok and toss for about a minute to combine. Garnish with green onions and turn off the heat. Transfer in a serving plate or bowl and serve with lemon wedges or calamansi. Enjoy!