Pancit Canton and Bihon is a delicious noodle dish composed of two popular version of Filipino noodles which are Pancit Canton and Pancit Bihon. I can actually eat this everyday because it is so good and simple to make.
Pancit Canton is also known as Egg Noodle while Pancit Bihon is Rice Noodle. You can make this with pork or beef or chicken or mixed or with seafood like shrimps and squids. Best when served with calamansi juice or lemon wedges.
Learn how to make this Pancit Canton and Bihon by watching the easy to follow video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken meat, cut into bite size
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 4-5 cups water or chicken broth
- 16 oz pancit canton
- 8 oz pancit bihon
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil over medium-low heat. Cook Chinese sausage for few minutes. Remove and set aside. Cook shrimp until pink. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add chicken slices and cook until brown for about 5 minutes. Season with ground pepper, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook for few minutes. Add carrots to the pan and pour-in water or chicken broth. Bring into a quick boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Soak pancit bihon in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove and drain excess water. Seat aside pancit bihon.
- Add pancit canton to the pan. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes or until almost cooked over low heat. Add pancit bihon to the pan. Stir for 3 minutes or until noddles are cooked. Add snow peas and cabbage. Stir to combine and allow vegetables to cook for few minutes.
- Add cooked shrimps and fried Chinese sausage to the pan. Stir well to combine. Season with salt to taste and drizzle with sesame oil. Toss until all ingredients are well blended. Serve hot with calamansi juice or lemon wedges. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Seafood Pancit Canton|
|Pancit Molo Soup|