How to cook the classic Filipino Pancit Bihon. Pancit Bihon is the famous Filipino stir-fry noodles and by far one of the most popular Filipino style noodles using rice noodles mixed with pork or chicken or mixed and vegetables. Pancit Bihon is the perfect dish for snack and special occasions, and always the crowds favorite.
Give this delicious Pancit Bihon recipe a try. So easy and quick to make and full of delicious flavor. Don't forget to check related noodles recipe below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
- cooking oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 small cabbage, sliced
- 4 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon achuete powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 600 grams chicken, bone-in or boneless
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 16 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- green onions for garnishing
- calamansi or lemon wedges
- Soak noodles in water for about 20 minutes and drain well. Set aside.
- Using a wide pan, heat and add 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Add carrots and cook until tender for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and stir well to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 3 tablespoon cooking oil. Add Chinese sausage and allow to cook for few minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add achuete powder and do a quick stir. Add onions and cook until soft for about 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about a minute. Add chicken and stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Season with ground pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce and Knorr chicken cube. Stir well and cook for few minutes.
- Add water or chicken broth and do a quick stir. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked while stirring occasionally. Add a cup of water if needed. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Submerge noodles into the liquid and gently stir while loosening the strands. Gently toss and stir until noodles are cooked liquid is absorbed, adding hot water if needed.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and toss well to combine. Add Chinese sausage, carrots and cabbage. Gently toss and stir to combine. Garnish with green onions and calamansi or lemon wedge. Set warm and enjoy!