How to cook Bam-i. Bam-i or Bam-E is a Visayan noodles recipe originated in Cebu, Philippines. It is a stir-fried noodles that uses both Canton and Sotanghon noodles with variety of meat and vegetables. Pancit Bam-i has a unique taste from the combination of Canton and Sotanghon noodles that makes this Filipino noodles so delicious!
Bam-i or Bam-E noodles is one of the popular Filipino noodles usually served during special occasions. Pancit Bam-i can be cooked with pork or chicken or both. Vegetables used can also varies depending on who is cooking. With this Bam-i recipe, I used just carrots and cabbages with wood ear mushrooms also known as tenga ng daga or dalunggan amo in Ilonggo.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Don't forget to check related Filipino noodles recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3-4 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 piece Knorr chicken cube
- 1 lb pork, sliced
- 1/2 lb pork liver
- 1/2 cup wood ear mushrooms (tenga ng daga)
- 1 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 4 cups water or as needed
- salt as needed
- 8 ounces pancit canton
- 6 ounces sotanghon, soaked and drained
- green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Soak wood ear mushrooms in water for at least an hour. Rinse well and drain. Set aside.
- Soak sotanghon noodles in water for 30 minutes and drain well. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil and cook Chinese sausage for 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Cook carrots for few minutes or until tender. Add chopped cabbage and allow to cook for a minute. Stir well and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant for about a minute. Add knorr chicken cube and stir to combine.
- Add pork and stir stir. Allow to pork to cook until brown for about 5 minutes. Add pork liver and cook for a minute. Add mushrooms and stir well to combine. Allow to cook to few minutes and season with ground pepper. Adjust pepper to taste. Add water and stir well. Bring into a boil until pork is tender (for about 15 minutes). Season with salt as needed. (easy on salt as canton noodles is already salted). Add a cup of water if needed.
- Add pancit canton and allow to cook until almost tender while stirring regularly for about 5 minutes. Add soaked and drained sotanghon noodles and gently stir well to combine. Continue to cook over low heat until liquid is almost gone.
- Add Chinese sausage and carrots and cabbage. Add green onions and drizzle with sesame oil. Gently stir well to combine. Continue to cook until noodles are fully cooked. Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment