Chicken Adobo sa Gata
Chicken Adobo sa Gata is a delicious Filipino dish. This Chicken Adobo is cooked Filipino Adobo style finished with coconut milk that made this dish more flavorful.
- 2-3 lbs chicken legs with skin, cut into serving size
- 1 cup vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp ground black ground pepper
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 1 tbsp sugar or more to taste
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper (or any), sliced thin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- In a big bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorn, ground pepper, bay leaves and sugar. Stir well.
- Add chicken to the soy sauce vinegar mixture. Combine and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Separate chicken from the marinade. Set aside marinade for later.
- Heat deep pan or a wok and add around 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- Add chicken slices and fry until golden brown.
- Add marinade to the pan and bring into a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer in medium low heat until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add jalapeno peppers and pour-in coconut milk and allow to boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and sauce reduces to desired consistency.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve. Enjoy.
RELATED (click name link to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment