Sinabawang Bangus with Talbos ng Dahon Kamote is a simple Filipino dish that is not only easy to make but also healthy. You can add other vegetables to this recipe such as okra, ampalaya, etc.
See easy recipe below and give it a try. You can use boneless bangus in this recipe and use tomatoes instead of sinigang sampalok powder or both.
- 1 large about 3 lbs bangus, cleaned and cut into serving size
- 3-4 cups kamote tops (sweet potato leaves)
- 2 large eggplant, cut into bite size
- 1 large onion, cut into 4
- 2 large tomato, cut into 4
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 tbsp sinigang sampalok powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 cups of water
- Using a deep pot bring water into a quick boil.
- Add tomato, onions and bell peppers. Continue cooking for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Season with sinigang powder, ground pepper and salt to taste. Cook for a minute.
- Add fish and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and cook for 2 minutes.
- Taste test if more salt or ground pepper is needed.
- Add kamote tops and cook for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy.
RELATED: (click name link to see complete recipe)