Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimp Sour Soup is a Filipino comfort food. Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish that is a favorite of everyone and can be cooked with meat, shrimp and fish. You can also add more vegetables to this recipe such as eggplant, radish, okra, taro and more. You can also use lemon or kalamansi juice instead of sinigang powder mix.
Give this simple recipe a try. Share to your friend and family. Let me know how you like it by leaving me a comment below.
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned
- 3 cups kangkong (water spinach) tops
- 2 chili peppers (optional)
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 - 1.41 oz knorr tamarind soup base (or more if you want it more sour)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 3 cups water
- Bring water into a quick boil.
- Add onions, tomato and chili peppers and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for few minutes or when shrimps starts to float.
- Add sinigang mix and ground pepper. Cook for a minute.
- Add fish sauce and salt (if needed). Quick stir.
- Add kangkong tops and cook for few minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy.
RELATED: (click name link to see complete recipe)