This easy Mushroom Pork Chops recipe is lathered in delicious mushroom gravy. Tender and juicy pan seared Mushroom Pork Chops until golden brown and slow cook until rich and creamy.
Slow cooked Mushroom Pork Chops in crock pot is one of our favorite recipe. Tender juicy pork chops cooked to perfection and smothered in mushroom and gravy. I think this recipe is also known as Pork Chop Stroganoff.
If you have never had pork chops from a slow cooker before, this is the recipe to try. This Mushroom Pork Chops recipe is loaded with flavor because they were cooked in the gravy until thick and creamy.
Give this slow cooked Mushroom Pork Chops recipe a try. Make sure to brown the chops, it is an extra step but worth it and you won't get the great flavor if you just stick the pork chops in the cooker raw.
- 6 medium size bone-in pork chops
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 (24 grams) pork gravy packet
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- chopped cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Heat large skillet in medium high and add butter.
- Brown pork chops in butter until chops turns golden brown. Remove and transfer in a plate. Set aside skillet for later use.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of mushroom and gravy mix. Stir to combine.
- Add creamy gravy mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add sliced mushrooms on top of the gravy.
- Place browned pork chops on top of the gravy mixture.
- Pour water into the skillet used in browning the pork chops and stir. Pour juice over pork chops.
- Cover slow cooker and cook in medium-high temperature for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove pork chops from the gravy and place in a serving plate.
- Mix in sour cream to the remaining gravy in the slow cooker. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce on top of the pork chops and garnish with chopped cilantro. Best when served with mashed potatoes or green salad. Enjoy.