This Chocolate Fudge Cake is a two-layer cake with an easy filling of chocolate ganache in between the layer. No need of refrigeration if you are planning to eat it in a day or two. Chocolate Ganache is made with heavy cream and chocolates heated until the chocolate melts and turns into a creamy sauce.
If you are looking or craving for an easy to make Chocolate Cake then this Chocolate Fudge Cake is the perfect recipe. An excellent chocolate birthday cake or any occasion. This Chocolate Fudge Cake is rich, tender and super moist. This cake is delicious on its own but even better topped with ganache.
Try this easy Chocolate Fudge Cake and share with family and friends. Great for any occasion or office potlucks. Also, check related recipes below by clicking on the name like below the picture(s).
Cook Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 minutes
You will need
- 2 - 6 inches round non-stick cake pan
- powder sugar or flour for dusting
- 1 cup or 125 grams milk chocolate chips
- 7 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 300F.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a big wide bowl. Stir and microwave for 1 minute. Remove bowl from microwave and stir. Return bowl to the microwave, add 30 minutes or until melted. Stir well to combine.
- Add sugar, oil and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Add eggs to the mixture and mix well.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, coffee and baking powder directly to the bowl. Mix using a spatula or a spoon until smooth.
- Add hot water to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Dust some powdered sugar or flour into the cake pans.
- Pour cake mixture into the pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. Check in between time by poking a toothpick to the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is baked and ready.
- Remove cakes from oven and set aside. Allow cakes to completely cool before removing from the pan.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Combine cream and chocolate chips in a bowl. Stir.
- Microwave for 45 seconds, remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for another 45 seconds, remove from microwave and stir. Add more seconds if needed or until all chocolate is melted.
- Stir chocolate ganache until smooth and refrigerate for an hour or two or until the ganache is thick and creamy.
- Remove cake from the pan one at a time. Spread some ganache filling in between the layer. Place the other layer of cake on top and spread more ganache over the top of the cake and the sides. Serve and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe(s).
|Leche Flan Cake|
|Tin Can Chocolate Cake|