This vegetarian omelet is loaded with lots of vegetables just the way I like it. This Vegetable Omelet is simple and satisfying. You can serve this omelet with slices of bread or garlic rice. This is a great recipe that can be altered to anyone's liking. Include ham, cheese and more vegetable like broccoli and mushroom.
- 6 large egg
- 1 large potato, diced small
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup green pepper pepper, diced small
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- olive/cooking oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Using a skillet, heat over medium-low and add 1 tbsp cooking oil or cooking spray.
- Add potatoes and cook until brown and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion and stir. Cook for a minute until aromatic.
- Add bell peppers and stir. Cook for a minute. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, pour whisked egg gently.
- As eggs set at the edges of the skillet, add fried potatoes and sauteed vegetables on one side of the skillet. (see pic above)
- Sprinkle with ground pepper and top with chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Fold unfilled half of omelet over filled half and cook for a minute.
- Flip the omelet to cook the other side. Cook for another minute and transfer in a serving plate. Serve warm with toasted bread or garlic fried rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)