Beef Asado dish is so rich in flavor due to the slow cooking of the beef with all the ingredients. Beef is slowly simmered until it becomes so tender. The beef can be cooked a day before and I suggest, do not use pressure cooker for this dish as the flavor would be different than cooking it slowly.
Beef Asado is one of the most famous Filipino beef recipes. What makes this dish so unique is the thick, creamy delicious sauce specially when served over steamed rice. Another dish that Filipinos loves to serve during birthdays, special occasion or any gathering.
There are many ways on how to cook Beef Asado and this is the simple version yet full of flavor. Feel free to add fried potatoes and carrot. Give this delicious Beef Asado recipe a try and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It! Don't forget to check beef related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb beef chuck or brisket, sliced into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a deep pot, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Saute garlic for a minute until brown and add onions. Cook until aromatic for a minute.
- Add beef and stir. Cook until all sides turns brown.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, bay leaves and star anise. Bring into a quick boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and continue to simmer for an hour or more until beef is fork tender. Add more water if needed. Stir occasionally.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper and salt to taste. Add more ground pepper if needed.
- Continue to simmer until beef is fully tender and sauce starts to thickens.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)