Cheese Cupcake is one of my favorite snack growing up in the Philippines. This simple snack reminds me of high school days where I would spend most of my week allowance come Monday to buy my favorite cheese cupcakes from the local bakery near my school. Until now, every visit to Iloilo City, I make sure to get me some fresh baked cup cakes and now I can buy a dozen with ice cold mountain dew.
Cheese Cupcakes is one of the most classic Pinoy snack and popular among Filipinos. Cheese Cupcakes has all the flavor in a snack that Filipino loves. It is made with simple ingredients like flour, cheese, butter and condensed milk. It has that crusty golden brown and smells like heaven when baking. A perfect combination of milky and salty flavor. This Cheese Cupcakes are moist and a little denser because of the sweetened condensed milk.
Check the simple recipe below and see how easy it is to make at home. A delicious cupcake good for mid-afternoon snack and best for breakfast over a cup of hot tea or coffee. Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later. Great for parties or any gathering.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or Velveeta Quick Melt Cheese (I bought grated Velveeta from Walmart)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese for toppings
- Pre-heat oven to 350f.
- Line 16 muffin regular size muffin tin or pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Sift and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer over medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light in color. Add eggs one at time. Mix in condensed milk.
- With the mixer in low speed, gradually add the flour. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in 1 cup grated cheddar or velveeta quick melt cheese until well combined.
- Scoop 3/4 full batter into the prepared tin or pan.
- Top each cupcake with more cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove baked cheese cupcakes from the oven, allow to cool and serve with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)