Chili Garlic Shrimp is a quick and easy recipe. This delicious Chili Garlic Shrimp is so easy to make in less than 20 minutes. This sweet and tangy Asian-inspired Chili Garlic Shrimp is cooked with garlic, lemon soda, ketchup and Thai sweet chili sauce. Simple to make yet packed with big flavors you will love.
This Chili Garlic Shrimp is one of my family's favorite shrimp dish. Nicely cooked and coated with spicy, sticky, sweet savory sauce. My family loves eating shrimp with shell but you can always peel the shrimp before cooking. Probably one of the best shrimp recipe you can make in less than 20 minutes.
Give this delicious Chili Garlic Shrimp recipe a try and share with family and friends. Check related shrimp recipes below and click on name link to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, deveined
- 1 cup lemon soda (7-up or sprite)
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp (banana) ketchup
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (or 1 tbsp if you prefer it more spicy)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- chopped green onions or chopped cilantro for garnishing
- In a wok, heat over high heat and add oil.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry until golden brown and aromatic for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir. Continue cooking over high heat until shrimps turns light pink while stirring frequently.
- Add lemon soda and bring into a quick boil. Continue cooking over high heat for about 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Pour in Thai sweet chili sauce, ketchup and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Add red chili flakes and ground pepper. Stir to combine. Taste to see if salt is needed. Add accordingly. Cook for another 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Nilasing na Hipon|
|Salt and Pepper Shrimp|