Ginisang Togue at Upo
Ginisang Togue at Upo is a simple and easy Filipino recipe. It is so delicious and heatlhy less the pork. Ginisang Togue and Upo is basically sauteed bean sprout with bottle gourd, shrimp and your choice of meat or even tofu.
If I am not mistaken, Ginisang Togue with Upo is an Ilonggo kind of cooking. Try to google it and you will see the search result. Anyway, give this easy recipe a try and share with family and friends. Substitute pork with tofu if you want a healthier version. Check related recipes below.
Please SUBSCRIBE to CASA BALUARTE YOUTUBE for more easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/2 lb pork, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lbs upo (bottle gourd) peeled and sliced
- 1 lb togue (bean sprout), ends removed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 pork or chicken knorr cube
- 1/3 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- In a wok or a deep pan, heat over medium-high and add oil.
- Add garlic, onion and knorr cube. Stir and cook for a minute until aromatic.
- Add pork and stir. Cook until pork turns light brown. Add 1 cup of water and bring into a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until pork is fork tender and water starts to evaporate. Add more water if needed.
- Add tomatoes and shrimp. Stir gently and cook for 2 minutes until shrimps turns pink.
- Season with ground pepper and fish sauce and cook for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and bring into a quick boil. Taste to see if salt is needed. Add more water if needed.
- Add upo and stir gently. Simmer for few minutes, stirring occasionally until upo is half cooked.
- Add bean sprout and stir gently. Cook for a minute and remove wok from heat. The heat from the wok will continue to cook the bean sprout.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with your favorite side dish and steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment